Foreclosure Defense Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
Protecting What Matters Most
If you have defaulted on your mortgage, your lender may initiate foreclosure. If they succeed, they will force you to leave the property and sell it at an auction. Unfortunately, many property owners receive notice of foreclosure and believe they have no options. Our foreclosure defense lawyers at LSAS Attorneys, however, know this is not the case.
How to Fight Foreclosure and Win
A common misconception about preventing foreclosure is that doing nothing is an effective option. Perhaps because denial is easier than direct confrontation, some property owners lose their homes or buildings because they failed to act. They even lose wages or other assets due to liens or promissory notes that make them personally liable.
Fortunately, Florida does not recognize statutory or non-judicial foreclosures. In other words, a Florida lender must take you to court in order to foreclose your property. This process gives you more time to renegotiate the terms of your mortgage or find another alternative.
Here are just a few methods of fighting or avoiding foreclosure:
- Negotiating a lower interest rate, reduction in payment, or extension of maturity (loan term)
- Exposing mistakes in the lender’s foreclosure initiation process
- Selling the property for less than what you owe the lender (short sale)
- Proving lack of standing (demonstrating that the lender cannot prove they own the loan)
- Requesting a stay of the proceeding if you are an active-duty servicemember
- Canceling or rescinding the mortgage if the lender made serious mistakes with the original loan documents (e.g. not disclosing all necessary information)
- Invoking the statute of limitations (i.e. proving that too much time has passed since you stopped making payments)
- Reorganizing debt (i.e. via Chapter 13 Bankruptcy)
If you have received a notice from your lender informing you that you have defaulted on your loan and they will soon initiate foreclosure, contacting our team immediately is vital. Even if we cannot prevent you from losing your home, we can help you delay the process and find alternative solutions. In some cases, these delays last multiple years, giving property owners the time they need to prepare. No matter the case, we will represent you at conferences, help you prepare your defense, and assist you with long-term plans that account for every possible outcome.
Let Our Foreclosure Defense Team Work for Your Home
With 70+ years of combined legal experience, LSAS Attorneys have what it takes to develop creative and strategic solutions. We want you to know that you do not need to handle the threat of foreclosure on your own.
“.... very attentive, patient and knowledgeable”
“Well prepared, great attention to detail, and very empathetic to my needs.”
“I felt extremely well represented [by LSAS Attorneys] during the whole process.”
“[A]n amazing attorney to work with, extremely thorough, hands on and always available for any questions or concerns that you have.”
“A very professional law firm with knowledgeable practitioners.”