If you are facing a mountain of personal debt or owe money because of student loans, it can create untold stress in virtually every area of your life. Unfortunately, doing nothing will only make the problem worse. The collection calls may eventually lead to judgments, wage garnishments, your bank account being seized and even a lien on your real or personal property. Before the situation gets even worse, it is important to seek skilled legal guidance.
The attorneys at Leiderman Shelomith Alexander + Somodevilla, PLLC (“LSAS Law”) have over 60 years of combined experience helping individuals in your situation secure positive resolutions for their financial issues. The attorneys at LSAS Law are friendly, personable and deliver a powerful, cost effective solution for your debt problems. We handle each case personally, taking the time to answer your questions and educate you on the best way forward to putting your life back on track.
Our experienced attorneys deliver a customized and comprehensive solution for individuals facing debt problems. Our services include:
- Personal Bankruptcy: Helping individuals achieve a fresh financial start through a liquidation or reorganization bankruptcy proceeding.
- Bankruptcy Alternatives: Bankruptcy is not the answer for every financial difficulty. There are times when it makes more sense to resolve your debts without going through the courts. We explore all options.
- Protection from Creditors: Creditor harassment can become a big problem for individuals dealing with debt problems. Sometimes, honest communication and negotiation may be enough to reach a settlement with your creditors. Other times, some type of bankruptcy filing may be necessary.
- Bankruptcy Litigation: Representing debtors and third parties in discharge/dischargeability actions, avoidance actions, exemption litigation and other contested matters and adversary proceedings.
- Federal Student Loan Law: Assisting borrowers with federal student loans in reducing or eliminating student loan debt, or reducing monthly payments.
- Private Student Loan Law: Protecting the rights of private student loan borrowers who cannot afford their monthly payments, including defending lawsuits filed by student loan lenders.
- Real Estate Title and Closing Transactions: Representing sellers and buyers of real property and acting as closing agent in residential transactions.